Saturday, June 26, 2010

An Unexpected Phone Call

If you are like me, when the cell phone rings and an unknown number shows up, you ignore it. I hate answering phone calls of unknown numbers because it is usually some sort of solicitior. Now most people would probably have no qualms with listening to a complete stranger on the other end, but I do. I am not good at saying no to unwanted things, or saying no to making donations, or meeting with people for whatever reason.

Today was an exception. I had decided when the number showed up on my phone that I would call the unknown subject back if that person had left a message and today a person did. So, when I listened to the message I was super excited to find out that Robbi was in town and I was lucky enough to get to spend time with her.

Robbi and I have many memories together which began with being co-RA's together in beloved Grand Island Hall. One memory, that will go down in hisotry is when we had to do our first write-up. However, we never could actually do the right up because we could not find the male who was hidden in a GI closet. It's amazing how that door was jammed! Anyways, today more memories were added. We had a few good hours of conversation and then time at the pool with her and a few others.

I love knowing that even though Robbi and I haven't seen each other in at least a year or so that it was like we had never been apart. We just picked up where we left off and it was wonderful. So, thank you Robbi for calling and spending part of your day with Ella and I. Thank you for being the person I was lucky enough to get to call back. It was a delight and you made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment